Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Our Lady of Guadalupe - painting process + Untie the Strong Woman


My mum has been reading and sharing insights with me from Dr Clarissa Pinkola Estes latest book "Untie the Strong Woman" (writer of "Women Who Run With the Wolves").

The book is about her lifelong relationship with Mary and especially features Our Lady of Guadalupe  - the Mary of those with Mexican / Latino heritage.

Source
My mother says, it is an amazing book, because it unlocks your heart, shedding light on the unconditional love of the Divine Feminine, for all of us.

So, I have painted this little Madonna for the world, in homage of the time Mum and I have been sharing together.



This artwork is a very modern and feminine depiction of the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe.  She is surrounded by very feminine symbols such as roses and the crescent moon that shines over the landscape surrounding her.  Around her neck she wears a key which can symbolize the unlocking of the heart.

Prints available in my ETSY shop now!

xx Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment