Friday, February 3, 2017

The Forest Spirit - painting process

Hi all,
I have just finished a painting titled "The Forest Spirit" which you may have seen in parts on Instagram or Facebook.  This painting is all about nature.  I have continued the tradition of making the big eyed girl's dress a part of the environment, as though she is a nature spirit.  I also added a deer and butterfly to continue the nature theme.  This painting has been in my head for a very long time but she has taken on her own individuality and come about very differently from what I first envisioned.  I think she looks great!

 I thought I would share some of my painting process with you below.  Scroll right down for an image of the final piece!


It all begins with a pencil sketch.  I have found this is the easiest way for me to do things.
Working with tiny brushes!
Blocking in
I always start with the face first
Beginning stages of the deer
Dress and face detail
Newly added butterfly detail
Voila!
If you would like to make this 20 x 24 inch painting yours, please contact me at art_enquiries (at) hotmail.com

x Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment