Friday, February 17, 2017

Getting Back to Nature

Source
Lately I have found something has returned to me after leaving for a long time.  This has come about as a return to my figurative work as opposed to working on abstracts for so long.

This mysterious thing is basically a "getting back to nature" a "coming home" and a sort of resting place.  I am finding that I am observing little things in great detail again.  This has come about as a direct result of my figurative painting. 

I am scrutinizing nature and all it's beauty, including the variation in colours, the textures and the sizes of things.  Things I skipped over before.

I often find myself wondering when gazing at the sky or a tree, how can I paint that?
It is actually a beautiful feeling and makes me feel like I am a part of the world, once again.

x Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment